Classroom Rules and Instructions to Get Started
This Service Agreement ("Agreement”) is made between the Parent or Legal Guardian ("Parent”), and the Learning Student ("Student”), who is engaged in English language learning, and CleverKid Education Inc ("CLEVERKID”), the provider of the English Teachers ("Teacher”), technology platform and website to provide the English language learning.
The purpose of this Agreement is to improve the Students English spoken, written, listening and writing performance in order to help the Student reach their full English language potential. With the Parent’s consent within this Agreement, the Teacher will carry out the assigned learning and behavioral activities prepared within the CLEVERKID platform for the Student.
In consideration of the mutual promises and covenants in this Agreement, of which the receipt and sufficiency are hereby acknowledged, the Parties further agree to the terms as follows:
Terms and Conditions:
This Agreement shall be in effect starting from the time that the first payment is made through the CLEVERKID platform payment gateway, and will continue monthly until the Student has completed all certified language levels available within the CleverKid Platform, or becomes older than the age of 14, whichever comes first.
CLEVERKID TEACHER RESPONSIBILTIES.
Aside from following the pedagogically formulated activities and lessons, the Teacher will also be responsible for the following:
• Ensure the Student has a full understanding of the language level in which they are learning;
• Monitor the Student’s progress with diligence and patience;
• Ensure there is at least 25 minutes of class interaction for every 30 minute time slot;
• Keep all information of the Student confidential and shall contact other parties involved in the education of the Student only if given written permission by the Student/Parent to do so;
• At no time will the Teacher be required or obliged to complete homework or assignments on behalf of the student;
• The Teacher will not sub-contract to another Teacher their class intended to be taught by him or herself;
• Show respect for each Student and for his or her family, religious beliefs and practices, morals and standards; and
• Demonstrate professional behavior and positive attitude.
The student shall be responsible for the following:
• Attend classes with the appropriate materials needed for a successful learning environment (computer, headset, internet, quiet space);
• Attend all scheduled classes and be pro-active in making suggestions about their own education; and
• Deliver all learning activities agree upon within this Agreement with utmost diligence.
The Parent shall bear the following responsibilities:
• Ensure that payments are remitted on time;
• Prepare and submit any and all documents pertaining to the Student that may be required by CLEVERKID so that the Teacher has sufficient knowledge about the learners needs;
• Trust and cooperate with the school in improving the English language performance of the Student;
• Show respect and support my child, Teachers, and CLEVERKID as a whole;
• Download all applicable app’s or complete website memberships required to fulfill class attendance;
• Shall not attempt to convince Teacher to perform classes outside of the CLEVERKID platform without the prior written consent of CLEVERKID; and
• Provide a quiet, well-lit place for class and supervise homework providing assistance where needed
Fees may be adjusted from time to time and shall become effective after having given the Student/Parent 7 days written notice. Fees for the different "Package Options” can be found under the Teacher profile on www.cleverkidenglish.com/teachers by following the link "Enroll Now” within the Teacher’s profile of your choice.
Payments for classes will be made through Stripe (WeChat Pay, Alipay, Union Pay, PayPal, or Credit Card).
Our learning curriculum is scientifically designed to accelerate the English Language Learning process!
• Tested with over 20,000,000 students and having students speaking English within 30 days.
• Adaptive assessment test places your child exactly where they need to be, based on previous experience and performance.
• Highly engaging, fully interactive game-base curriculum will keep students of all ages engaged!
No adjustments to fees shall be made for time lost because of late arrival by the Student or by early termination of a class by the Student. The Teacher agrees to wait fifteen (15) minutes from the time of the scheduled Trial class, and the full twenty-five (25) minutes for a scheduled regular class for the Student’s arrival before considering that class cancelled without sufficient prior notice and the class will be subject to the terms set forth in the STUDENT CANCELLATION AND REFUND clause.
STUDENT CANCELLATION AND REFUND.
The Student or Parent may cancel any previously scheduled class prior to 24 hours before the scheduled class start without any penalty and with full refund or credit. If class is cancelled less than 24 hours before the start of class, no refund or credit for this class will be given. The Teacher is not required to add extra time to the current or future classes. If Student does not show up to a scheduled class, this will count as a class.
TEACHER CANCELLATION AND REFUND.
In exceptional circumstances, the Teacher may cancel a scheduled class not less than 48 hours before the scheduled start of the class, and all efforts will be made by Teacher to reschedule class, or have a class substitute Teacher. In case of an emergency, power outage, or reasons beyond Teacher’s control, CleverKid will attempt to have a substitute teacher ready to replace the absent Teacher to prevent educational disruptions. In lieu of a substitute Teacher a credit will be given for the missed class.
You can apply for a full refund at anytime if you are unsatisfied with the package you purchased for the first time only, in accordance with this Agreement. In order to receive a full refund, you must not have received more than two (2) classes. If two (2) or more classes have been taken, there will be no refund available and services will be deemed to be accepted. Subsequent purchases of class packages will be viewed as full acceptance and understand that no moneys will be eligible for refund.
The Teacher and CLEVERKID shall make no warranties with regards to a Student’s performance as a result of any teaching provided.
REMINDERS AND ATTENDANCE.
Reminders for classes are sent out 1 day prior to class, and 30 mins prior to class. Scheduled classes will be hosted through Zoom Meeting.
As agreed by Teachers, Student, and Parents, classes will be recorded for quality assurance, as well as viewing at a later date by the Student or Parents for educational purposes. This is also to ensure high-quality lessons are being given by Teacher for the review of CLEVERKID as its digression.
This Agreement shall not be assigned to any third party unless consent by all parties is received and authorized by CLEVERKID.
STATUS OF TEACHER.
It is expressly understood that the Student retains the services of CLEVERKID and that Teacher is an independent contractor and not an employee. The Teacher shall be responsible for his/her insurance and for all statutory declarations and contributions with regard to income tax.
This Agreement can be terminated by either party at any time by giving the other party seven (7) days prior written notice.
This Agreement shall be interpreted and governed by the Provincial laws of British Columbia, Canada.
Where the Student is a legal minor, the Parent is entering into this Service Agreement on behalf of the Student and is accepting and agreeing to all of the terms and conditions contained herein on behalf of the Student.
This agreement constitutes the entire understanding between the parties with regard to the subject matter thereof and the parties waive the right to rely on any alleged or implied provision not retained herein. This Agreement supersedes any previous oral or written arrangements between the parties. Any alteration of this agreement must be in writing and signed by both parties.
Revision, Cancellation and Termination of the Agreement
Both parties should abide by this Agreement and refrain from revising, cancelling, or terminating the Agreement without mutual consent. The Agreement can be revised, cancelled, or terminated with mutual consent. Before both parties have reached an agreement, the Agreement should be strictly observed. This Agreement takes effect on the first date that payment is made through the CLEVERKID platform. If no payment is made as a result of any promotional offerings made by CLEVERKID, then the booking and acceptance of a lesson is taken as full acceptance of this Agreement.